Saturday, September 24, 2011

WE are coming home.. WE are bringing our baby home!!

Our love 

Grandma and the Jeej



Daddy and Gia


Weee Weeee!!!

I am posing for you mommy!


Grandpa and Gia

Daddy bought Gia this huge stuffed animal to bring home!

A very tired Grandpa and his Gia

The title is what I kept saying out loud when we got the GREAT news that we could bring Gia home this past Tuesday 9/20. It all started on Friday night 9/16.. Gia just did not seem herself. I thought she was just fussy as we can all get that way LOL. But, I took her temperature around 3pm and she had a fever of 101, I called her Dr. and they said to administer baby Tylenol every 4 hours and if the fever persists to call back and make an appt. for the next day. As time progressed the fever went away and she seemed very tired.  Around 8pm it was time for Gia to go to bed and have her last feeding. I started to hear her breathing getting taxed and she started to burn up again. Something was just not right. I took her to the ER, a series of tests were done and little one got admitted. We finally got roomed at 4:30 am in Pediatrics. Needless to say I was a mess inside, but had to be strong for the Jeej. Never was so scared in my life between all she had been through in the ER, chest x-ray, blood, IV put in for the anitbiotics , cathed her urine... just terrible. Gia had an ultrasound and she had a double kidney infection, more tests were run to make sure the infection did not get in her blood. The waiting was killing us. It seemed every 2 hours she was poked and prodded at. I would come home only to shower and quickly go back to the hospital. Finally, she was fever free for 48 hours. On Tuesday Gia had to get a cystogram to see if her urine was flowing back up to her kidneys or flowing down into the bladder and out as it should. Thankfully, everything was great with this test and when we got the results, that is when we got the green light to come home!!! I was flowing tears of joy as I was bringing my baby home!! It has taken me days to try to get back to normal myself, the mental and physical drain was nothing I ever experienced.

It is Sunday and Gia is doing great, her poop is still loose from the antibiotic but by no means as bad as it was from the iv antibiotics in the hospital and when we first brought her home. She is eating wonderfully and taking her remedies like a champ. Gia bella you are one tough cookie and we would move heaven and earth for you. There were many people praying for you, our love, and God listened to all the prayers. YOU ARE OUR EVERYTHING!!!

1 comment:

  1. That must have been so scary! Thank God she is back home and doing well:)

    ReplyDelete