Thursday, April 28, 2011

Will Gia come early?

Yesterday was a rough day for me at school. I started having these pains across my belly button area and higher around 9am. Thinking it is a gas bubble I drank hot water with lemon, but that did not help after several cups. I called my Dr.'s office and explained what I was feeling, they told me to keep them posted and if persists go to labor and delivery. I was driving home talking to my sister in law Monica who advised me to go to the hospital and get checked. Off to OB triage I go. They hooked me up to a monitor for contractions and Gia's heart rate. It was scary for me because I had no idea what was going on. Gia was just fine thank God. As for me, they were contractions and my body getting ready for the big day. I had my first pelvic done at the hospital.. yea.. no fun and they said I am dilated 1 cm which I could be for weeks I know and that 80% of my lining is gone. All good news they said. I am glad for sure that I got checked. Around 10:30 pm last night was the worst of the pain. I took some tylenol pm, sat with a heating pad and took some Gas X and tried to get some sleep around 2:30 am.

Today I am feeling much better, boy that was not fun last night. So, the question is will Gia grace us with her presence earlier than 5/31??

Daddy Sal went today to get the car seat installed by the fire department, so that is all taken care of as well.


1 comment:

  1. I put my money on Gia coming a week early! I am so glad you are feeling better sweetie!!!!!!!! Take extra care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete